Everything About Apple’s New iPad 2 May Have Just Leaked
The Michael Report say they have obtained photos and illustrations of the second-generation iPad Air from sources within Apple. Since the report is near identical rumors we’ve heard about Apple’s coming iPad 2, the leak could very possibly be right on the money.
Apple’s new iPad is set to debut on Oct. 16. The Michael report didn’t publish the pictures, but he did describe some of the design differences in as much detail as possible.
Here’s all of the details you need to know:
- The new iPad Air will reportedly come with Touch ID built into the home button, just as rumors have indicated.
- It will also come in a gold color option, according to the report.
- The new iPad is said to come with an 8-megapixel camera instead of the 5-megapixel camera on the first-generation iPad Air.
- As expected, the report says it will run on an Apple A8 processor and will come with 2GB of memory as opposed to the 1GB of memory found in the current iPad.
- Apple may get rid of the 16GB option and could instead offer 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage variants.
- The design is said to be almost identical to the current iPad Air, but the new tablet will be 0.5mm thinner.
- Expect to see one-row grill speakers rather than the two-row grill on the current iPad Air.
- The mute/vibration switch is said to be completely gone to keep the design super slim. The volume buttons are also more recessed.
[via The Michael Report]