Season 19 Cast of Dancing With The Stars Revealed!
It’s time for our favorite celebrity dance show to return on air. Season 19 of DWTS has already gained a lot of attention for a few new changes the show will have this time around.
Here’s what’s happening:
- No Maks Chmerkovskiy. The bad-boy pro of the ballroom is gone.
- Julianne Hough returns as the fourth judge, joining Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli.
- Keo Motsepe is the show’s first black pro dancer.
- Rob Wade, executive producer, promises more fan interactivity, “a chance for America to have more influence over the show,” more Twitter votes and other ways he hopes will keep fans engaged throughout the week as they wait for the next show.
The new cast has already begun prepping for the show, in secret of course. They have been rehearsing and practicing for their first night of dancing; their first elimination is on Sept. 16. For the first two weeks of the show, there will be a Monday night performance and a Tuesday night results show. After the first two weeks the rest of the show, the remaining 9 episodes will air on Monday, with performances and eliminations on the same night.
So who are the new cast members for season 19? We’ve listed them below for you:
- Randy Couture, MMA pro, 51 / Karina Smirnoff
- Michael Waltrip, NASCAR driver, 51 / Emma Slater
- Janel Parrish, actress, 25 / Val Chmerkovskiy
- Sadie Robertson, model/reality star, 17 / Mark Ballas
- Antonio Sabato Jr., model/actor, 42 / Cheryl Burke
- Alfonso Ribeiro, actor, 42 / Witney Carson
- Tommy Chong, comedian/musician, 76 / Peta Murgatroyd
- Jonathan Bennett, actor, 33 / Allison Holker
- Lea Thompson, actress, 53 / Artem Chigvintsev
- Tavis Smiley, political commentator, 49 / Sharna Burgess
- Lolo Jones, Olympic track star, 32 / Keo Motsepe
- Bethany Mota, YouTube star, 18 / Derek Hough
- Betsey Johnson, fashion designer, 73 / Tony Dovolani
[via USA Today]
Tatiana Pile | News Cult